Monday, March 8, 2010

Academy Awards Recap

I would like to just quickly say one thing about the Academy Awards:

SUCK IT, JAMES CAMERON.

I'm really ecstatic that Kathryn Bigelow took home the Best Director Oscar, not to mention that "The Hurt Locker" earned the Oscar for Best Picture. It just goes to show that just because a movie makes a zillion dollars at the box office (**cough** "Avatar" **cough**), it doesn't mean that it automatically deserves the biggest award out there. I think it also speaks volumes when a film gets 9 nominations, like "Avatar", but not one of them was for writing or acting. I'm just sayin'....

The acting awards came as no surprise. Mo'Nique definitely deserved her Oscar. In "Precious" she goes to a very dark place, and was rewarded accordingly. Christoph Waltz was PHENOMENAL in "Inglorious Basterds", so his was just.

I never saw the Kevin Bridges nor the Sandra Bullock films, so I can't comment on those.

Overall, the awards didn't disappoint. I loved NPH doing the first number, and Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin did a fair job at hosting (although they could've been funnier). Now that they're over, all I can think about is the batch of movies that will be next year's nominated films. Can't wait to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment